Chorizo Chipotle Refried Bean
Author: Paella Guy
Recipe type: Appetiser
Always a party favorite, this version of refried beans get their flavor from caramelized onions, tangy Mexican chorizo and smokey chipotle peppers.
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1lb Mexican Chorizo
- 1 7oz. Can of Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 4 Cups of canned or fresh refried beans
- Lightly brown chorizo and cook onion in leftover grease.
- Coarsely chop onion and sautee until caramelized.
- Combine beans, chorizo and onions in pan over medium heat.
- Puree chipotle peppers in blender and add to bean mix, stir well.
- Add chicken stock until you get desired consistancy and simmer for 10 mins.
- Make sure to stir constantly while simmering.
- Get your favorite cerveza, chips and enjoy!