Every Summer we try to reinvigorate & keep our paellas looking fresh while providing a visual splash of color & taste. On that note, this year we came up with a truly original use of our pineapple centerpiece that we think you’ll appreciate. After carefully searching high & low on the web we were not able to find a similar use of paella, pineapples & floral fauna to deliver such a dramatic presentation for your enjoyment. May you enjoy the visual feast – Paella Guy
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1lb Mexican Chorizo
- 1 7oz. Can of Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 4 Cups of canned or fresh refried beans
- Lightly brown chorizo and cook onion in leftover grease.
- Coarsely chop onion and sautee until caramelized.
- Combine beans, chorizo and onions in pan over medium heat.
- Puree chipotle peppers in blender and add to bean mix, stir well.
- Add chicken stock until you get desired consistancy and simmer for 10 mins.
- Make sure to stir constantly while simmering.
- Get your favorite cerveza, chips and enjoy!
Every year Gloria Ferrer Winery celebrates the “Soul of Spain” in the heart of Carneros with their Catalan Festival, a feast of Spanish food, cava, flamenco, traditional dances, and of course our featured paella. If you are lucky enough to be in the area this year’s event is on July 21 & 22, 2012, from 11:00 am-4:00 pm, tickets can be purchased at www.gloriaferrer.com. Hope to see you there, salud!
Recently we had the pleasure of catering a wedding in Western Sonoma County at the Anvil Ranch & Vineyard, this is a 13,000 acre ranch owned by a logging company and is used for retreats, weddings and your personal getaway.
The wedding for Thomas Debiase of Debiase Wines of Healdsburg was an opportunity for us to showcase what we can do with an extreme paella. I will not bother to describe it as the pictures that follow tell the whole story.